Thursday, January 22, 2009

My heart is broken.....

Hi, we just got word from Clint moments ago and I wish I could say I have good news.
They brought her to Emmanuel Hospital, here in Portland because they were unable to land in Seattle. Emmanuel was one of the possibilities they were considering if she couldn't go to Seattle.

The doctors just got through doing her assessment and looking at all of her cat scans and x-rays.
Clint said it is much worse than they had originally thought. She has a severe spinal injury and her brain injury is not looking good. They told Clint, at this point she may never walk or talk again.

It is still incredibly early, so that's all we know, Clint was very exhausted!!! His uncle from here in Vancouver was going to be picking him up and taking him to his Grandmas, that lives here in Vancouver as well. The doctors said at this point absolutely no visitors.....Clint will not even be able to see her today.

I don't even know what else to say right now.....except that my heart is broken into a million pieces, as I' sure yours is as well, so lets just take this hour by hour, day by day and PRAY!!!

The doctors said she will be at Emanuel for several weeks, probably even a couple of months. I'm glad she is close

Tonya

7 comments:

  1. Our hearts and prayers are with your Family!
    We are so sorry to hear this latest news. Please let us know if we can do anything for you.
    Dea & Larry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Tonya,

    My heart is breaking with you and for you. I am glad she is close by you, too. She is incredibly proud of you; how you have kept us all updated and pulled us together with our thoughts and prayers. We serve a Mighty, Mighty, God, and HE is the greatest physician and healer there is! I love you, Tonya, and every minute I am praying for you.

    Much Love,
    Aunt Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our tears are mingling with yours ---- but we know we have a powerful Great Physician and we will continue to pray for Kris and your entire family.

    Tonya -- thank you so much for keeping us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sweet Tawny,
    My hear is breaking with yours. I will be as strong a pillar as you need me to be through God's strength. I pray for Krissy every minute and all the family as we trust in our healer and mighty Lord! I am here for you always and will do whatever I can to help you and everyone else through this very difficult time. Krissy is so strong and such a fighter and I have to believe that her strength in God will carry her through. It is so uplifting to hear all the people praying for her and the family. I love you much.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your relatives. God has mighty strength and can do awesome things. God has done many amazing things for people I hope once she has rested and has had time to recover that she will be completely healed.

    Kris as well as her family is on alot of prayer chains, Alaska, Oregon, Colorado and many other places.

    Uncle Dennis Y's sister

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tonya!
    Oh sweetheart, I have just heard this news! My Mother forwarded me an email from cuz Annette, You and the entire family are in our thoughts and prayers, I am in Vancouver BC right now. I would love to be able to get in contact with you. I know this is a very trying time.
    This is Sheryl Knowlton Goddard.
    sherylgoddard@yahoo.com
    Can you let me know where you live, I would love to be able to come see you...
    Your dear friend SHERYL

    ReplyDelete